They had a pretty extensive spread, lots of carbs, lots of odd things that we wouldn’t eat for breakfast, but we found enough to eat. There was also lots of smoking in the room as well.

Then rehearsals began.
I first went to rehearse nun things with the nuns. We learned a few of the songs during the morning music rehearsal, then went to lunch.
We found an awesome place down the street and got a plate of kung pao chicken, SOOOOO good, and not as sketchy as the dinner place last night felt like. It cost 38rmb, which is about $1.25 a person.
Then I went back to rehearsal where Maddy, Greg, Chris and I learned the Sixteen Going on Seventeen stuff. I guess music was done without me, or that we are just expected to know it, I’m not sure. I do know it, so that’s fine. But then we went into blocking, which initially Chris and I just watched. I’m so glad though that just before the dance break, we were told we should get up and learn the dance behind them. It’s pretty tricky, but I’m sure will be fine once we get it.
We are in a pretty old theatre, so we had our first experience using the SQUAT POT!! It’s really weird, I can tell you that. TMI, there will be no #2s happening with an SP. Here are pix of our experiences with the SP. I hear there is one of me somewhere!
Then we went out and did some exploring. We saw the theatre we are performing in, from the outside. The city is very similar to any other major city, except that there are massive amounts of people on bikes and bike scooter things. Here’s the thing- there are crosswalks, and there are street signs that do in fact indicate that it is the walkers and bikers turn to cross, but no one actually stops, so you have to be willing to basically walk in front of moving traffic in order to cross the street. Don’t worry the are going slower than traffic in US cities, but it’s still unnerving. However, you have to be more concerned with those people on the bikes running you down than you do with a car- those bikers don’t stop for anything, but cars will drive around you.
Well, it’s about dinner time, and V and I want to go back to the Carrefour, so I’m going to end here.
While everyone is AWESOME, we do seem to have groups we hang it, which really has a lot to do with the living situation and rehearsal schedule. But I tend to hang out with Vivian, Maddy, Greg, Chris, and Rebecca, so do check out their blogs, they will be funnier than mine but tell the same stories!
PS I found out we have a karaoke bar in the hotel. You know where to find me.
No comments:
Post a Comment