Yesterday in rehearsal, the kids did a dress run. It went fairly well, though a few quick changes didn’t happen. But they will. The kids each have their own dressers. None of them speak English. The entire cast changes in the back of the theatre (in this space, it could change in future theatres), and we have costumes in “gondolas” that are lighted, and we each have our own chair.
Vivian is having problems with her dresser, who seems to think she is a real child and, like the other children (who all have skin-colored leotards), will strip down to her underwear and change there (she doesn‘t have the leotard). To a degree, sure, but she’s twice, even 3 times their age, so she’s trying not to be full-monty in front of the little boys, but her dresser doesn’t get it. Her dresser also chases her around like she’s a child, I don’t know, it’s weird.
But rehearsal went well, and then we went to dinner.
We keep going to this “Italian” place, but I’m pretty over the food there. There must be other places. But the owner (or some guy who is always there) speaks English, and the food is not only cheap but decent, and it’s close to the theatre, so we keep going, but I’m pretty over it now.
After dinner, Vivian and I went to visit our sick female child swing, Elita, but we wanted to pick her up a little “we miss you” gift. But after picking up a cute hello kitty purse, we attempted to make our way back to the hotel, but ended up going through some market (purses, shoes, clothes, etc), then ended up in a back alley with a mud road market selling chatchkies (sp?), ladies items, socks, small toys, sheets, etc. it was kinda weird, we got pretty lost. But we found our way.
Across from the hotel is a market, and we decided to stop in. I heard it was more like a grocery store market, but it was more like a regular mall, with affordable prices. I found dresses, and decided to try one on. The one I really liked, my boobs were too big for. But they found a very cute black dress, my size, and I bought it. I’m going to wear it for opening night, so I’ll have pix of it then. It was 128Y, or $18. Definitely worth the purchase.
Then we went and visited Elita. All the kids are great, but there is something different about her, and I know I really like her. She’s very calm and professional, and knows her blocking quite well. She’s been sick with a high fever for a few days, so she has been “quarantined” in her hotel room. But the fever was below 100, so we went to visit her. She was doing well and was grateful for the company. We brought her down to our room, and while we invited people to play games with us, we chose to keep the kids out (as they are more likely to catch anything that may be left in Elita’s system than an adult), but the adults were all busy doing their own things. So we played for a while.
But then, we all went to the movie theatre. 45Y, or $6, and it’s ASSIGNED SEATS. It was a small theatre, not likely to have more than 50-75 seats (I’m a bad estimator). We saw “10,000 BC“. It was in English with Chinese subtitles. Besides being historically inaccurate, it was good to go to the movies and see an american film (or something in English). I also borrowed some videos from the moms- Shrek 3 and Running With Scizzors, both bootlegs.
Then we went to bed.
Today we are running the first half of rehearsal with the orchestra, I believe just a straight sing-through, then the evening is dress rehearsal.
I had wanted to run to Carrefour to get some air freshener for the bathrooms and bathroom hallway, but I’ve been busy getting my media files off of my various cameras so I can upload them.
No comments:
Post a Comment