it's getting close. like, really close. this blog is helping to keep me excited, but i'm still more nervous than anything else.
i think this show is going to be sort of weird on a few accounts. for one, i'm not playing a child (unless something bad happens, g-d forbid), and that'll be weird. and thus far, i haven't been asked to do any kind of child-wrangling. when i do shows, i'm almost always asked to help coach kids, or help them run lines or run rehearsals. i kind of adopt that "big sister" role. it's a role i play well though, as i am one. of course, rehearsals haven't started and we aren't in china yet, so things could change, but there is actually someone hired, a few someones, to do the child things. it's kinda weird! I created a business for this line of work PlayKids with Jen that I dabble in when my schedule allows.
stranger still, i'm not allowed to rehearse with the kids for the week while they are in NY due to being a member of AEA. i think i'm feeling a bit of pressure to learn two entire roles in addition to my own and knowing that i'll be a week behind. if they are learning tons of stuff in NY, then those are scenes and songs they wont be learning in China, so i'll have to learn it on my own. i guess it's a good thing i'm friends with vivian, and maddy seems cool too, so i'm sure i can just ask for a daily breakdown of what was worked on that day. work on it with my keyboard that night.
i have been trying to set up my new bank account, and that's been slow and unnerving.
i only have two days left at work. that's going to be sad. marketing and hr are going to be giving me a lunch tomorrow in the cafe, i think. i'm going to really miss everyone there.
i made the decision to skip my class performance to see terry's movie (more on that tomorrow)!
this weekend my mom is hosting a going away party for me. that should be fun!
and i'm dealing with my doctor and insurance company, i am getting billed mucho denero for vaccines and such for this trip, and i think the doctor is nickel and diming me BIG TIME. i called the doctor's office to inquire about these random high charges and to politely inform them that the recent bill they are trying to charge me will not be paid. when that gets resolved, i'll post the specific story. but it had me SOOOO angry today. mom thinks i should also send a letter to the NY health commissioner. i mean, i'm not sure this doctor should be practicing. is it normal for doctors to administer a needle or draw blood without using gloves?
but i found news that just ROCKS MY WORLD:
there are WALMARTS IN CHINA!! so if we underpack.... ok, so just because its walmart doesn't mean they will have american products, but i wont feel as bad if i forget something.
i've been looking into getting info for disney hong kong. can you believe that there does not appear to be a single soul in all of the US of A that has dealt with sending Americans to Hong Kong Disney????? i dont believe that. ellen degeneres just sent 4 viewers to all 5 disney parks, i'm sure her fo;lks know how to contact them. maybe i should email her haha
i'm really tired. fell asleep on the subway- again. going to bed, will post again tomorrow after HORTON!
7 comments:
Thanks for the welcome, Jen. :) I can't wait to meet you!
Hi Jen!
Thanks for the offer, I'm telling you right now I'm sure I'll be coming to you with mucho tech questions! Not to worry Viv and I will deffinately keep you up-to-date on all the happenings this week, it's odd to me that they're not going to have you there. Anyway can't wait to meet you in China!
See you then!
I've been considering your statement about original versus honey nut Cheerios. I think the added protein from the nuts more than outweighs the extra sugar. Besides, honey is good for you! To be honest, my favorite Cheerio is apple cinnamon. Unfortunately, my house was out at the time, so I had to make do. We can continue this debate in China with scientific testing. Wait... do they even HAVE Cheerios in China?
You guys are both gross - plain Cheerios are clearly supreme. Honey Nut is bearable, but plain reigns.
Jen, on the last tour the kids rehearsed in Houston, not NY. I assume Liesl did not rehearse with them, not sure! I'll see if I can find out from my people...
Oh man. You both have got to be kidding me. First of all, Jen... protein is indestructible. The sugar couldn't beat it. Secondly, I don't like you guys ganging up on me about this. Face the facts... plain Cheerios are BORING. I didn't want to get mean about it, but you've backed me into a corner on this subject. I did like the rhyming on V-Keb's comment, though. :)
Greg-- I'm with you. HNC's are the best there is.
Greg is trying to think up a new nickname for me. But his choices are AWFUL! The safest thing is to stick with one I already have, as I am trying to convince him...
Post a Comment