Monday, May 5, 2008

The first week home

So being home this week has been interesting, I think.

I will say the price shock hit pretty hard. Things are ridiculously expensive here in NY, and I have only gone grocery shopping and went out to dinner. So that has been weird.

And I've been doing laundry in the machines rather than in the sinks. Our building FINALLY got new machines, and while they are more expensive than the previous ones, they work, and they work quite well, so it's worth it.

I came home to some sad news.

My great aunt (I think is what her relation is to me) passed away on sunday while we were traveling, and her funeral was monday. So my only phone call of the day was mom calling from the funeral to tell me she was at the funeral and wouldn't be able to talk that day.

And on tuesday, my uncle had a heart attack. I heard that it was mild and that it happened while he was in the hospital, so at least he was taken care of immediately. I heard he was released already and is home doing well.

I also worked on the final episode for the season on "Gossip Girl." I was not hired as SAG this time, they just had too many actors on set and couldn't offer any waivers. I have my 3 waivers from my previous episode of GG. When it comes on, I only filmed the actual wedding ceremony, not the reception or gatherings or anything, just stuff during and around the ceremony.



Saturday my little bro went to prom. No girlfriend this time, but went with a friend, and was dressed in a white tux- he likes to be noticed.



And sunday Terry and I went wandering around the Bronx. I think we walked forever, hours. We saw the Bronx River (and a river rat) and then he wanted to show me this famous cemetary, but we walked for what seemed like miles (i'm sure it wasn't, though) and couldn't find the entrance, so we turned around and went back.




That night, we made kung pao chicken, or at least a decent passable version of it. We were missing a lot of ingredients, but it was still ok.



and so... week one is over, and we are in week two!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
So when does your old Ma get to see you?