So we have now been here in Harbin since very early sunday morning. I am still wearing the same clothes I've been wearing since 5am friday morning, and it is monday morning. I bought a couple pairs of underwear at the Carrefour, and am now thinking I should have bought that tshirt, so I may go back and get it now before rehearsal, just so I can wear something different.
My meds are in the suitcase, so that's causing a bit of a problem, luckily I'm not on anything life-altering... But now my meds will always be on me, that's for sure.
The hotel has toothbrushes and toothpase, and cast members are being really nice about offering to lend me stuff should I need (what I freakin need is deodorant!!!! and I have 4 of them in my MIA suitcases).
Spent all day in our sweaty, stuffy rehearsal room where the odor of my non-deodorant stench just overwhelmed me, so I spent the day appologizing to everyone else for my stink, which people said they couldn't smell (that was nice of them to say).
I hear that our suitcases should be in Harbin now, but we have to pay to retrieve them, I didn't quite understand what's going on with that. Supposedly, however, we save the receipt and Air Canada will reimburse us when we return to our "point of origin". I"m sorry, but I'm not waiting 5 months for that.
So I have no idea if I'll have luggage today or not.
Yesterday's rehearsal was fun. It was a LONG day though. We did kid stuff all day, then nun stuff in the evening, and then the final rehearsal was "16Going on 17".
Donovan (stage manager) was awesome all day by swinging in the swing kids into the rehearsal. So FINALLY, for the first time, I think ever, I did the entire "16 Going on 17" scene... I'd never done the scene before, I only knew the lines b/c I've seen the scene so often. I did the scene with Greg, and then Maddy and Chris did the scene. So refreshing to get to do the whole thing. But see, that's not the scene I'm worried about. Greg and Chris are awesome, they'll work with me and MAddy during the scene, should something go wrong. It's the scenes with the rest of the kids that I worry about, they are choreographed and planned. ANd I won't get as much help... I'd get it from Vivian and Maddy if I was in the scene with one of them, so thats good to know.
I hope to finally schedule that rehearsal to learn Maddy's parts. That rehearsal just never happened on the first leg. I do know Vivian's parts, for the most part, so if worse came to worse, I would just sing her parts if I ever had to go in for Maddy.
The good news about being in China vs the US is that 90% of the audience won't have a clue if I messed up a line hehe
Anyway, so I think I am going to go to Carrefour today and buy another tshirt just so I can wear something different today.
This really stinks.
But my love goes out to Jonathan Tomaselli who is stuck for day 2 in a hotel because his flights are all screwed up. We miss you, J!!!!! Good luck, let us know if you need anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment