So we are staying in the city of Shenzhen right now and tomorrow will be our final performance here.
I havent been as touristy here as I have in previous cities. We went to Hong Kong on our first day (read previous blog).
On another day off I went to see a "theme park" called Windows of the World, a park where you can see famous monuments and buldings from all over the world, in miniature. I went alone, so it ended up being a fairly pricey day, considering how expensive the tickets were and the two long cab rides. It was fun, but was disgustingly hot outside, and i was soaking wet from the heat. But I got all of the pictures online, some video coming soon.
We had a 5 show weekend, so I didn't really do anything during the weekend.
There is a mall near the theatre called MixC and it's definitely a western-style mall, with over half of the stores being those expensive name brand stores that you'd find in manhattan. but they have some excellent restaurants, and two starbucks :)
Yesterday, we went to Hong Kong again. We saw Batman in Imax, which was awesome, though definitely expensive. Heath Ledger was freaky as heck, man. Scared me, but what amazing acting. Wow.
We then split up, and my group went to a diner type place, where the had run out of a lot of food, so all 5 of us ended up getting burgers, which were excellent.
Then we met up with more members of the group and did some wandering, but mostly we headed to the Peak, which is this mountain shopping area (overly touristy) that you take a tram to get to (and let me tell you, the tram tracks were STEEP, like riding a roller coaster in slow motion) and you can see all of HOng Kong from it. I got plenty of pictures from here. Lots of tourist shopping and expensive restaurants. we caught up with most of the group by then, and saw some others who had ventured to the peak at that time as well.
At this point, it was around 9pm or so and I was ready to go home, but didn't want to cross the border myself, so I went with everyone to a Russian/Ukrainian place called Ivan the Kossaks, run by an asian man who has a russian.ukranian chef. While expensive, the food was excellent! And they have a "snow vodka room" where you put on fur parkas and hats and go in the vodka room and pose. I uploaded some of these photos too!
And finally, really late, we headed back home, arriving at the hotel around 145am.
Tomorrow is our last official day in Shenzhen, and I really hope to make it to Sea World, sounds like a lot of fun!
2 comments:
did u make to sea world? what was it like? where r u now?
see ur email and send me that one! your HER!
Post a Comment