Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Changes are A Coming

December welcomes many changes. I was still trying to recover and deal with the sadness that my family had experienced.

I began to work more often at my new job with kids, which I loved. I still wasn't working much, but I had fun!

I also had some interesting acting developments. I got a creative session for a national tour. I was pretty sad leaving the audition- they only heard me sing 16 bars. I was given an entire song and several scenes. It would have been nice to do more of the material that I spent so much time working on. And this happened for everyone I know who went, the same 16 bar and "Thank you". I still don't know who was cast, but it surely wasn't anyone I knew.

The big project I was on hold for. Ugh, well. That panned out into nothing, which seemed to be the story of my life in December. I was put on hold and told not to accept any other conflicting work and was confirmed for the december callbacks. But then I never heard anything. I knew the callbacks were happening and I hadn't gotten my call, so i called the office to inquire. I'd also been told that if anything came up, I should call. Things had come up, so I had a valid excuse to call, and after speaking with the person on the phone, was promised a return call, which I never got. The callbacks happened. Offers were made. And I am still waiting to find out if I am still on hold. sigh... I'm trying not to be upset, but to be told not to accept work and then never be called, even to be let go, it's just very unprofessional. I could still be not working and waiting for them to call and release me, for all they know, it's just not nice. And of course, it was happening at the same time as the deaths in my family, which was making me miss home- which is also where the show was. So i think I may have even taken it personally. I don't know.

There wasn't much else acting-related that occurred.

But we got other BIG news-

Terry got a job offer in LA! They want him to start Jan 12, so we are headed out!

We've made the preliminary plans, I've sadly quit my jobs and dance scholarship. We are going to celebrate Christmas and New Years, then we are going to head out to California!

We've been talking about going for years, and now we had the opportunity! More on this in future posts.

No comments: