So here we are in LA!
We arrived late friday night and met the new housemates.
Saturday morning, we woke up and immediately started apartment hunting. We saw several apartments on saturday.
We headed to Fullerton for an audition, that went pretty well for me, but I wasn't called back. I wanted to do the show very much, but I definitely had too many conflicts. I just wanted the audition experience but would have been very happy should they have called me back or cast me! I LOVE that show!
Sunday we looked at more apartments, and we think we found the one! Unfortunately, as seems to be typical of LA apartments, there's no fridge. So we would have to buy or rent one. But it's a beautiful condo in a great condo complex. We hope to find out whether or not we got it by tomorrow!
Monday was my 28th birthday! I spent the day celebrating with... MICKEY MOUSE! Yes, I used my free birthday pass at Disneyland! I took tons of video and lots of pictures. It's very similar to Disneyworld, significantly smaller. I couldn't get into California Adventure, just Disneyland. I went on just about every open ride, and did several twice! Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Space Mountain (which seemed better than the one in Florida), Thunder Mountain, and of course, all of the Fantasyland rides. I never made it onto Peter Pan, the line wait was always over 30 minutes. But they had Alice in Wonderland, Mr Toad, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty (walking through the castle, not a ride), Winnie the Pooh, and so many more! I had a lot of fun. They don't really have shows, but I did watch some of the Jedi Training show. And I watched the Country show, and one of the dudes in it, I swear he was Kal Penn's doppelganger. I had so much fun. Next time, I go to California Adventure! I'm debating changing my never expires pass into an annual pass. Then again, it would be cheaper to hold on to those never expire day passes for the future when prices are ridiculous and I dont want an annual pass. We'll see :)
Of course, pictures and videos coming.
Terry started his new job on Monday as well. It's definitely a new experience for him, but I think he enjoys it.
Tuesday, I went wandering. I applied for a couple of jobs. And I found the AEA building! I also wandered The Grove, which is like a big outdoor mall thing. It's very nice.
Thursday, I had another job interview with a company I really want to work for. It all seems great, but the long-term plans for the position are not what I'm looking for, though I am interested in the short-term possibilities. I am going back to meet with the general manager and to learn more. I am somewhat concerned by the location, it's very far south from the city, so it could cause a travel problem. I don't want a ridiculously long commute to work. So I have some things to think about, for sure!
Then I had an audition for my most favorite show. I took advice and altered my resume to add a review for the character I played in the show when I had done the show. I don't know if it helped, but the auditors were SOOOO nice and they asked me where I live (since I still have the MD phone and NY credits). But I explained that I was brand new to LA and was excited to be auditioning!
Today, I am having a vocal coaching session, and then hanging out with Max in the Grove!
No comments:
Post a Comment