Notably, I have been performing down at Disneyland and having a blast. I truly loved my job there.




That said, just past my 30 day "anniversary", I received a phone call that would lead to an eventual job offer for:
The Disney Cruise Line!
It's been quite the process from audition to job offer to taking off. Over a year ago, I auditioned for our amazing DLR casting director who suggested that she had something else mind for me besides what I was auditioning for. 6 months later in august, I received an email invitation to audition for the new DCL show, Villains Tonight.
I didn't end up getting that contract, nor the one after it in december (hehe which is honestly the contract I wanted). Then, in march, as I was working a Nickelodeon gig, I received the call from Florida that I was in contention for a contract and would be contacted soon. Of course, so much time passes that again, I think I did not get the gig. When one day in march (I believe), I get the official prelim-offer call!
From there, it becomes quite the process, between having the detailed offer conversation, to a full background check, to a full medical examination... it seemed to go on and on! Finally, in May, I got the welcome to the company notification and details have been slowly coming in.
I've been slowly meeting my fellow cast members, and everyone just seems great!
------------------------------------
I will be performing as the principal character Anne Marie in the award winning “Disney Dreams”, as Andy in “Toy Story the Musical”, and general ensemble in “The Golden Mickeys.”
These videos are NOT me, but just for a taste of what I'll be doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Xfk7XOSX0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmiDBmK7rnk
I will also be performing in other smaller productions, which MAY include: the Pirates deck party, the sail away/welcome to party or the farewell party, etc. As we venture into the holiday season and begin longer journeys, there will be other smaller productions that I may or may not be apart of. I won’t know until we get closer and roles/productions are assigned.
I do have some basic crew duties, like safety drills, and will do some work with characters 5 hrs a week. We are assigned to work as character hosts, but I am hoping to get approved to work as characters instead of hosting.
I also get to go to Circus school as part of my training; I get to learn how to FLY!
--------------------------------------
I do get discounts! Email me about getting those, which can range from a percentage off for booking in advance to a fairly sizable cut for "last minute" bookings.
--------------------------------------
I spent 2 solid weeks with Terry on various vacations. we spent a weekend in San Diego, where we went to the Zoo and Sea World. Then we spent a better part of a week on Catalina Island, where Terry did a lot of painting, I did a lot of relaxing and walking (the weather wasn't so good while we were there), and we went scuba diving!
And now, basically, we get to now. I've been home in Maryland, visiting with friends and family before taking off, which has been fun and very difficult at the same time. I am terrible with goodbyes, absolutely terrible.
But I need to go now. I'm ready.
And my flight is at 8am on June 12!
No comments:
Post a Comment