So I was all packed up by monday night, less toiletries that I use daily. Wow. I feel overpacked. Way overpacked. I'm guessing I'll probably end up sending some stuff home. And crazily enough, I think I'm missing stuff, forgetting stuff. Ugh.
The great thing is, unlike China, I'll be in the US. Just not every day. So I can go to walmart (since there's no close target) every week if I want to. And I can mail stuff home if I've got too much.
I found the right balance of weight, I think, with about 45lbs in a suitcase, about 40lbs in a dufflebag (yes, it's quite heavy), and then I have my media backpack from China still, and a small carry-on duffle full of- shoes. Shoes and bathing suits. I am guessing my trips from the transportation into my room in Toronto, then the week from Toronto to Orlando to the ship is not going to be easy. But what can you do? Its just travel, I guess.
And now... just waiting for the week to pass, and it's passing much faster than I would have liked.
This morning, I went to the dentist. I have 4 cavities forming. I was assured that they could wait until I got home next year, and made an appointment to have a cleaning and to re-evaluate. Hopefully, they won't cause me any problems while I'm gone. Doc said they were still hard and not soft, so as long as I take care, they should take a while before evolving into actual cavities. Ugh... Well, I made it almost 30 years before my first one. That aint bad, I guess. But then the doc said I would need a deep gum cleaning. He said it's standard for everyone, that everyone get it done about every 2 years. But Terry is 40 and had never heard of this until his last appointment, his first here in LA, and my parents have never heard of it, and they are in Maryland.
So I can't help but question the validity of this very painful sounding and quite expensive procedure. Maybe it's just a California thing?
Tonight is my Going Away karaoke party! I invited something like 100 people, but don't expect that. I'm sad because a co-worker at Disneyland died this past weekend. I don't know the circumstances of what happened, but I know his viewing is tonight and the ceremony is tomorrow. So I know my Disney friends won't be joining us tonight, but am sad for the reason why and completely understand. I didn't know this coworker well at all, I am not even convinced I ever met him, though I am thinking that I did one day when I got rescheduled to a breakfast shift, but still had a broken toe and was sent home. we were supposed to be brothers. I think that was him. Regardless, that is very sad for him, his loved ones, and his friends.
But on to happier times, I hope tonight will be much fun!
Tomorrow is already proving to be a busy day, as does the rest of the week, so I'm excited to have stuff to write about!
No comments:
Post a Comment