Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opening night!

Well, two nights ago was our dress preview, and last night was opening night!

Both performances went well. The audiences go wild over the kids, and clap (off beat, of course) during "Do a Deer"

My dress rehearsal was interesting. Had a few brain farts, nothing that effected the show, but one scene change was late, and I tripped over a chinese stagehand, then stumbled up the stairs, then ran into the door, and left a gaping hole in the dialogue as I was late for my one line.

But not to worry- we got it on tape! Yes! You can only see starting from the stumble up the stairs, but it's there!

All was fine.

Last night was opening night, and it went very well. We were close to full, and there was an energetic audience again, which is great. No major foibles tonight, that I am aware of.

I got some opening night pictures that I'll post soon.

I've been uploading videos to youtube, so go check out my youtube channel.

Also, I am adding a link to our cast photobucket that I started. It's pretty slow taking off, so most of us don't have photos up yet. But go a searching, see what you find!

I'll post more here soon!


-----------------------

Some reviews. They have been translated into english and make very little sense.

You'll want to know that "Pyridoxine to Microphone" is "Do Re Mi."

Review 1



Review 2



Review 3

3 comments:

Ryan Pollack said...

oh my gosh, blogspot is unblocked, so i can finally comment on your blog and welcome you to china :-) sounds like you are having a good time. it's fun for me to read what it's like for a newbie, because i've moved past a lot of things and might take them for granted now. hopefully we'll get to meet up while you're here - in fact, i insist - so keep me posted!! :-)

terryz said...

I saw your opening night video on YouTube. Very cool!! Congrats! You deserve to be proud of being a part of something so cool. You said your line wonderfully! :)

Love,
Terry

Sari said...

Happy Opening, a few days late. Yay!

:-D