so an answer wasn't given about the status of our return. we still know nothing, but we can assume that the set survived, so it's possible we'll go back, but the question is when or where.
supposedly troika is going to send out an email in the next few days, which likely means 2 days before we are supposed to take off.
oy, am i cynical or what?
anyway, i'll post when i hear.
---------------------------------------------------------------
It began on monday.
I worked on the pilot for a new tv show starring Edie Falco (from The Sopranos) called "Nurse Jackie." We were filming a restaurant scene at a swank east side restaurant that in real life, charges $105 for LUNCH, and we are talking true upscale french proportions. I dont know what half the items on the real menu were, so I certainly couldn't ever eat there. I was originally called to be a patron, but at the "last minute" was asked to be the waitress, ok, no problem.
I reported to set at 7am on monday, and am used to not being used for 2-4 hours after arriving, so I assumed there was plenty of time to relax and enjoy some crafty (craft services). They were checking us by wardrobe, hair, and make-up (3 different stations) in order of our check-in number. There were 62 extras, and I was 57, so I thought I had some time since they were still on #s 11-15.
But I was being proactive, and upon my arrival, I had asked the PA who wardrobe was so I could have them pick out exactly which black outfit I should be wearing, but they hadn't arrived, so I went and asked hair what I should do as the server, and they said not to worry about it until I was checked by wardrobe.
So I am sitting in my jeans and tshirt, eating some fancy organic yogurt and drinking some apple juice...
Suddenly, the PA is screaming out for my number and I'm like, "Yea?" We need you on set, like NOW!
Um..... ok, but I"m not ready! I kept getting pushed aside! So they fronted me to the begining of each line.
I am rushed to set, and am given some stinky meat (real) on a plate, and the directions to walk around. We do a couple of takes, and all is good. But there was a problem with the waiter who was hired as a dayplayer (he had some lines, so he went through an audition process). he was TOO TALL! So they decided to readjust the entire set-up, which took some time.
My job is to cross directly in front of the camera (you'll see me as a black blob) in front of where Edie and her costar are sitting, then serve the plate to a table who, in this shot is off camera, then cross back behind Edie and off camera. Easy enough.
Then the calls for the take start being yelled ("action" is actually the last call, for anyone wondering). As soon as "rolling" is yelled, I bend over to pick up my prop (the plate), and my pants zipper pops upen and I'm showing my underwear to Edie Falco, who is sitting two feet away, head at my crotch-level. Yes.
So I had to yell "I'm sorry! My pants broke! Is there a wardrobe person?"
And it was taking so long because, well, the pants were tight, so they had to do a take without me. It was embarrasing... We got my pants into an acceptable state of togethernes, and did a couple more takes.
We had a 10 minute break, so I ran back to holding to grab a different pair of black pants. I had brought these to wear with heels, if they wanted heels, but I couldn't change my height now, so I had to borrow more safety pins and shorten my pants about 3 inches. And then we continued shooting, and it was fine.
Even considering the blowout, I had so much fun on this set. Maybe it's because they are a new show, new crew, but they were so nice and relaxed and fun! it was great!
----------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, something amazing happened, but until it follows through, I can't post about it yet. You know the saying... (I hope, because i can't think of it right now).
----------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, I spent money I didn't really have to go see some Broadway shows.
I got in line first at Gypsy and got a rush ticket for $27. Then I ran over to Little Mermaid and got a rush ticket there too.
Now I had some time to kill, so I went down to union square and went to barnes and nobles, picked out some on sale books, then wandered the farmers market. wow, there are some truly different things there now. i had wanted to buy so much fruit and stuff, but i had no way to carry it, and didn't want to carry it for 12 hours. Oh well... it looked SOOO good. Maybe next week I"ll bring my small day backpack.
So first I went off to see "Little Mermaid." My seat was smack in the middle of the orchestra section. Sweet! Or so I thought...
Suddenly, I was being surounded by 200 9 yr olds infront of me, behind me, and to my left. To my right sat these 3 asian people, and they had two friends/family sitting in the row in front of me, 2 seats to my left.
The kids were loud and obnoxious, but the older asian lady next to me was the rude one- she kept reaching in front of me to pass things back and forth from her FF on my other side. Twice her elbow hit my nose. She NEVER bothered to say excuse me, or i'm sorry, or do you mind, or would you pass this, she just bumped into me and was rude.
the show was amazing! i wish titan had been, well, scarier, meaner. he was very one-note the entire time. but the set was just so creative! as were the costumes.
i can't decide how i felt about ursula. i LOVE sherie, but i thought her character was odd. she seemed kind of blase with her performance. i LOVED sebastian.
and from the official videos online, i didn't think i was going to like sierra. but let me tell you, i LOVED her. she was like, absolutely perfect!
and i'm not going to lie, i cried! i'm such a disney sap, i cried. it was so good.
while i was standing in line, nearly every little girl around me had her american girl dolls with her. even waiting inside the lobby, the girls around me had their american girl doll/.
------------------------------------------------
i again, had some time to kill, didn't do anything noteworthy, looked at cameras at best buy, nothing special. walked around times square, but it was crowded, so i didn't last long.
------------------------------------------------
but then it was time to see gypsy. it was raining by now, so that stunk. but i got in line, and finally got inside. i found i was sitting in the front row, like the very front row, where i had to look straight up in order to see anything. and all i saw during the show were heads, when i was lucky, and i saw a lot of crotches. i'm sure it was a good show, but i certainly didnt see much of it. if you are short, i dont know if the rush tix for gypsy is worth it.
i was close enough to see vericose veins in legs, and to see laura benanti's "blacked out" tattoo on the small of her back. i was certainly very close.
i thought the leads were all just too old. it pulled me out of the story for a bit.
i think laura may have been sick. she kept wiping he rnose in her hands, and blowing her nose... but i thought she was great!
i didn't much like dainty june. she was just a bitch as an adult. usually, the sisters bond as adults as they are both stuck under their mother's power, but here, june was just a bitch and didn't care that it was louise's birthday, and only wanted rose to get married so she could get out without care of her sister... i didn't feel at all bad for june, i didn't like her.
i loved herbie. i felt bad for him.
oh, the three strippers, hehe LOVED them. absolutely loved them. the one with lights, hehe, she was so funny. she was just so bad (as a stripper), and so clueless, and whatever, it was hilarious!
and of course, patti lupone-
once i got over thinking she was too old, which i got over once the daughters were adults, she was just incredible. she was truly incredible.
---------------------------------------
tonight i am going to see a show called "From Up Here", a show i auditioned for about a kid who almost commits a columbine-type horror in his school.
next week i am going to see "august: osage county" in the matinee and then possibly "saved" (based off the movie starring ceelia keenan bolger) at night, but maybe something else.
i want to go see shows that could close before november.
2 comments:
Hey sweet girl! I love reading your blog...I meant to call you and tell you I had got thru to the office too the other day, but didn't learn ANYTHING new except that we're still on according to them, and we'll hear when they know what's up...then Donovan emailed me back on facebook, and heard we were still on from the office as well...I must admit, I'm surprised, but you know...until we hear specifics...I'm not thinking much either way...Wish I was in NYC to see shows with you! Miss you friend, email or skype me later...I'm excited for Ugly Betty & Grey's finale's tonight...ugh, I've become such a t.v. junkie since coming back from China! :) Later Darlin....
Aww, sorry about that pants mishap on the set of the show! Glad you had a good time though -- I'm definitely interested in seeing that show when it starts, I love Edie Falco's work!
Post a Comment