Hong Kong Disney.
Ah yes… took us immigrating twice and taking the longest subway ride I’ve ever been on to get there, but we got there! The entire park could fit in just one of the lands in Magic Kingdom, it’s very small. But that made it an easy day.
We went on Space Mountain first, which was great! The only coaster. Then we ventured to all the lands hitting the new “Small World” ride, the safari ride, Buzz Lightyear, etc.
We also caught the shows. The Lion King show was spectacular! I think it may have been better than the LK show in florida! Three of the leads were just incredible singers, absolutely incredible. The show was in English, but they had two animal characters like sidekicks who occasionally did some quick translating- couldn’t tell you what they said, but it was clear they were translating.
Then that evening, we watched the Golden Mickeys, which I hear is one of the Disney cruise ship shows. It was presented as such as well. I didn’t like it as much. It was basically a show like an awards show. And whenever the lines were spoken, they were in Chinese. Whenever songs from the movies were sung, it was in English. So they had the same translating signs that we had, with the English appearing when they were talking and Chinese appearing when they were singing.
Then we saw the fireworks show over Cinderella’s castle. An impressive show for a small park, but I’ll tell you, the entire castle could fit in the passageway of the castle in florida it was SMALL.
We had our pictures taken with several characters and had a generally relaxed, excellent day. The crowds were small, and there were definitely some line cutters that either got the elbow or a stern “Absolutely Not!” And the food was ok. I suggest foreigners head to the big food court, there are more options there that aren’t Chinese food. And it was highly affordable considering it was Disney food and snacks. The tickets were expensive, but…
No comments:
Post a Comment