I’m sad because it ended. I will miss everyone, you guys were great! Maybe we’ll see each other soon!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terry arrived in Macau on Thursday of the last day of the show. I took him around for a bit, but honestly, there’s nothing really to do or see in Macau.
We had plans to venture into Hong Kong for the weekend, but a level 8 typhoon decided to pass through Hong Kong and macau on Friday and Saturday. Everything was shut down, boats, bridges, planes, etc, We were basically stuck. As were much of the company trying to get home.
We ended up having to stay in Macau all weekend. When the typhoon cleared, we took a day trip to Hong Kong and met up with Terrys friend from the Philippines who’d flown in to visit with us. We had a nice relaxing day getting around HK.
Sunday Terry and I flew to THAILAND! Yay J
We didn’t arrive at our hotel until close to 8pm on Sunday, and the sun sets early so it was DARK out.
We had booked the honeymoon suite (it had an excellent deal and great in-room amenities that would have been great for all of the afternoon storms here). What the hotel neglected to tell us was that there was MAJOR construction being done directly beneath the honeymoon suite building by another company. SO their response was “Very sorry, but its not our construction.” They offered us a downgraded room on the other side of the property, which we accepted. We got settled in the new room, ordered room service because we were exhausted, but began reading the papers they’d given us. Turns out, the hotel was doing it’s own construction directly outside our door for the entire week as well.
Now, of course, I’m mad. But too tired to do anything about it.
The next day, we wander down to the beach. It is AMAZINGLY beautiful. And for anyone who says theres nothing to to in Krabi, so not true. It’s the low season, so the shops are all obnoxious in the sense that they are trying like hell to get your business and you can’t walk down the street without every single shop owner trying to pull you into their shop.
But there are dozens of restaurants, plenty of bars, lots of shopping, an incredible beach and other islands to see…
In the afternoon, terry and I decided to go to the beach so he could paint. We set up under a tree, and after a short time, I decided to wade in the water, which was a perfect temperature. I never go in the beach water, but for some reason, did that day. I was only in for a couple of minutes and was only waist deep when I felt this incredible stinging sensation that set my leg on fire and went running from the water up the beach screaming “Terry! Something bit me!”
Needless to say, we attracted quite the crowd as my leg began to swell up. A local came by and crushed some leaves into my leg and told me I got a really bad jellyfish bite. My leg was on fire for hours!
But I was informed that it wasn’t bad enough to seek medical attention, so I didn’t. But I learned that vinegar will help pull out the poison, so I applied that often for the day, and have been using Neosporin since. It’s MUCH better now, but you can see where each sting got me on my leg now.
The next day, Tuesday, Terry and I began our scuba training with Ao Nang Divers. The book reading was no fun, nor was the video watching, but I aced the test. So then we moved on to the pool. And we did all that we needed to at the pool. Did about 30 skills under water, and Thursday, we had to Phi Phi Island, which is the best scuba destination in almost all of Thailand, I’m so excited. But my wet suit doesn’t cover all of my limbs, including my previous jellyfish attack, so I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about the possibility of getting attacked again.
And of course, as if nothing else could go wrong, we learned that our third flight, the long flight, back to the US has been delayed 28 hours! So we are now frantically trying to figure out what to do. We are NOT spending 30 hours in the Beijing airport this close to the Olympics. So that we will do later in the day, I believe, see if Air China will give us a refund on our flight, or if orbitz, whom we booked through, could get the refund of apply the cost of the flight to a new flight that we might find.
Terry and I are also planning our elephant treck. He’s out painting now while I update all of you.
And I’m trying not to stress J
Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment