Been back in NY for almost a month now. Wow. It hardly seems real. And I realize that I am missing my SOMA family. I miss you guys. When is the next Clay Day?
I have been keeping busy with auditions and callbacks, and campaigning to get auditions and be cast. I am also starting the job search, because yes, I need a job. I have been filming a textbook on DVD series to teach english to foreign HS and college students and the folks involved with the project are just so much fun, so it's been great. I've done some extra work and promo work, and goal number two is to find an agent. I think it's about time that I really campaign for myself in this regards. I think it might help. I'm really hoping to get some shows up in White Plains, I like it there and it's easy to get to from home, and Terry's studio is there.
The Jewish holidays are coming up, so I am really looking forward to going home and seeing the family, since I haven't seen anyone since our layoff several months ago.
And the jellyfish stings hehe I went to the doctor and then the dermatologist after the doctor's treatment didn't work. I was given a prescription for an insanely high dosage of anti-itch cream, and wouldn't you know, my leg is healing! I think I should be better fully by the end of October! You may not even know by then that my entire leg was covered. It's really getting soooo much better.
In other news, I signed up for a work-out boot camp. I am determined to get into on-camera shape, which I really lost in China (if more places had english menus or served the food that was actually on the menu and not some random conglomeration of what was on the menu, we may not have eaten McDonalds so often.... but anyway). That starts this coming monday, but I'll be missing the first couple of days for Rosh Hashanah. So this is kind of my new years resolution, to really get in shape.
I'm printing my new headshots, but as we had made the final version of my headshot, I was looking at it onthe computer, saying I didn't like how my lips looked purple (they weren't, but i was wearing a purple shirt, so they gave the illusion of being more purple than they were) and discovered that my TEETH were also purple!
I looked at all of the images, and my teeth are purple in EVERY single smiling photo going back to the photographers DVD of the rough images, which means that something was wrong with either his camera, his computer, or his DVD that he burned my images on. It's very sad, but it's fixable. I'm glad I saw it before spending that kind of money on repros.
I don't know who is still reading this, but I also wanted to send a congrats to my friends out there who are so talented and getting some AMAZING bookings! You know who you are, congrats!
Ok, I am now going to go all the way downtown to get something special for Terry for his movie pitch because I am a nice girlfriend like that.
So thanks again everyone! Let me know if you are still reading. I'm curious. I've been reacclimating to NY, so I haven't had much to write about, but I'm sure once things have really picked up, I'll have plenty to say. If people are reading :)
5 comments:
Sure, I read!
(Matt M from The Ed South Show)
I still read (you're in my RSS feed in google reader ...)
Hello China Roommate!
Yes! I still read, and love hearing what's going on! Congrats on filming the dvd stuff--are you auditioning for "Fiddler"? Has anyone from the SOMA team gotten some great gigs?
I'm actually training at a new job--training to do vet tech work at a vet clinic...not sure what I think about it right now, but it's something to do while I figure everything out...I love when you write, I'm trying to keep writing my blog, but haven't been motivated b/c I don't know if anyone's reading...
Would love to hear how everything's going!
I'm reading. I "know" you from the old Annie Forum!
I'd still read... just go ahead and post something new! :)
Post a Comment