Thursday, November 6, 2008

Wow, I've been slacking :)

Thanks for everyone who says they are still reading!

There hasn't been much to report recently because I got quite sick with a cold that refuses to go away. It's been at this weird here but not really state for about a week and a half.

Since my last update, we had two adult SOMA reunions (I was sick for another one). It's always great to see everyone.

Speaking of, there have been some GREAT bookings! John B is touring overseas again in "Phantom", Analisa will be touring the US as Grace in "Annie", Zachary is off touring the US in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," which, coincidentally, CJ was cast as a local child performer in for her city, Elita booked a film with some name actors in it. I'm sure there's more, but these are just a few that I know about.

I had callbacks for several Broadway and touring productions, as well as for some regional productions. But my sickness made booking some of these really difficult. But I'm glad to have had the opportunity nonetheless!

Since coming home, I've been working background on several tv shows and have been freelancing in catering. Both are pretty fun, to be honest. But I think working background is difficult to do as a non-SAG member. the days are long and the paychecks small. but it really is fun and I look forward to doing more. I'm debating joining SAG, but I'm a bit afraid of joining too early, like I did AEA. The difference with SAG is that at least I can make money doing BG work while I wait for my BIG BREAK :)

I re-auditioned for that childrens performing job that I posted about back in September. It just seems like such a great company to work for and sounds like exactly the type of position I am looking for right now. It combines my two loves- children and performing, along with great pay, and since everyone is a performer, there's some flexibility to audition and take work.

I've been thinking about stepping back from pursuing theatre for a while to re-concentrate on training so I can come back and be truly successful. I am proud to announce that I won a dance scholarship here in the city. Dance is without question my weakness, but this scholarship will allow me to take the technical kind of dance that I need to succeed in auditions. I am also researching voice teachers and classes to get the vocal training I've never had.

In the meantime, I'm getting my new headshots reproduced (the purple shirt one at the top right of my blog) and working on obtaining representation and on-camera work.

While all of this was going on-

I got the very sad news that my grandfather fell very sick. He was hospitalized for close to 2 weeks, but is finally home again. I was sick and couldn't visit him while in the hospital, but was able to lessen my cold enough to finally visit and not get him sick. He's still not doing well, but at least he is home.

In happier news, Terry just celebrated his birthday, and got Obama as his present! I am kidnapping him for his birthday this weekend and taking him to somewhere that should be fun and different.

And I think I can finally announce my congratulations to Elissa and Jon for their first child, a son, due in March! Yay!

I'm sure there is much more to write here, but I am busy attempting to find a job!

1 comment:

Miss Musical said...

Hi there! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'll for sure start reading yours now!

So sorry to hear about your granddad. Will be sure to keep him & your family in my thoughts...

As for the Musical Theatre dance class - it's Advanced Beginner on Tues. & Sat. and Intermediate on Thursday. Vic is a GREAT teacher - very funny & caring but still works you. People of all levels & backgrounds take the class - it's fun! We have a different show every week that we do a routine to. You should come on Tuesday night! I'll be there again!