Well, as they say, be careful what you wish for. I was bored my first two months back from China. Now, I'm so busy there aren't enough hours in the day!
I traveled out of town this week for an audition to excellent results. I've been put "on hold," which I understand is a good thing, but I still know very little, so I'm hesitant to share at this time. But I'll be sure to post more when I know more. But I can tell you, very exciting things are a brewin!
This week I also began training for my new job performing at childrens parties and being a gymnastics coach. I know, who knew I had it in me? So I'm hoping to use this job as an excuse to learn some tumbling! Wouldn't that be fun and awesome? I am booked to work my first two parties this weekend (which is still training), and I hope to begin working the actual job next weekend. Everyone is SOOO nice and awesome, and the other girl who was hired, she's from MD and we know a ton of the same people! SMALL world!
I also began taking dance classes for the scholarship I won. And I did a cartwheel. Yea, me! I haven't done those since I kept spraining and breaking my wrist many many years ago. Granted, they sucked, but I did them! Now I have to get the conviction to practice them (maybe on the soft padded and springed floors at my job!) and I can put basic tumbling on my resume as a skill! And the classes were fun too. The jazz class was more of a yoga and stretching class, which is excellent, training the muscles how to work properly for dance, but more immediately, I need to work on combo retention, so I've been looking at other classes that teach audition combos.
I also did some catering this week, which was fun and easy. But I got stuck in the subway due to the rain, that was NOT fun, and I was very late. Hung my wet head in shame on that one.
Tonmight I finally return back to boot camp. I hope things will be more normal the next two weeks, I had no idea how crazy I would get. My coach I think is going to hate me, esp because I forgot to call out last night.
And even worse, I seem to have injured my wrist somehow, so I doubt I'll be able to do pushups or use much weight on it. Which really sucks.
My entire body hurts from this week, but I was looking forward to camp today and tomorrow.
Last weekend, I surprised Terry for his activity portion of his birthday present by taking him to the NY Chocolate Show! We must have had TONS of chocolate! Ok, not really, but we tasted just about everything. It was kind of disgusting, though, how people put their hands in bowls and on trays and touched half the pieces, put most of them down again, ate one, licked their fingers, went back for seconds, touching every piece, then put them down again. Ew, it was kinda gross. We tried to find buried pieces or avoided things in bowls. But it was fun and different!
Tomorrow is Actorfest! Yay! This will be the first year I don't pay for a workshop. this is going to sound horrible, I'm sorry, but I find that the workshops (which at ACtorfest are very expensive) feature dozens of wanna be actors who ask dumb questions of the panelists just to hear their voice and get their face seen. they don't realize that the panelists don't want to hear the same "Reall, no black and white?" or "How do I get an agent?" or "How can I get you to cast me in something?" questions over and over and over again. And I don't like to hear them either. So I'm not paying for it, just walking the floor.
And I hear Miss Amy G is in town, so I'm hoping to catch up with her at some point.
Hope everyone is well!
No comments:
Post a Comment