Well, it's been interesting in my life.
I began dance classes with my new dance scholarship, which was fun! I took jazz and tap. And I worked my first day at the front desk.
I also did my training and worked my first few parties at my new kids job. It was quite the whirlwind experience, those parties, but the kids were just spectacular. Between the two parties, I also learned how to climb the rockwall and belay (sp?), which was fun too. I did it on adults, but for parties, I'll be doing it to small children. I'm working two more parties tomorrow, and then I'll be done with training and ready to move on to full coaching!
And boot camp has continued to remain so much fun!
And I've been doing some catering, not enough, but some.
But somehow, last week, with all of these activities going on, I managed to develop an overusage injury in my left wrist. It hurts to use it, a lot, but went to the doc, and was told no xray needed, it wasn't broken, fractured, or sprained, just overused. Unfortunately, my right wrist is starting to hurt because I've been compensating for my left wrist. I'm sure once my body gets used to all of the activity, it won't get hurt like this as much.
But otherwise, life is still in limbo.
I'm still waiting to hear about my possible big opportunity. And Terry's possible big opportunity. Both lifechanging. So it's kind of weird having to basically sit around and wait. I'm growing anxious. And nervous.
I think the hardest part is knowing that I'm not working enough to be making actual money. It's a terrible feeling, but when the economy took a nosedive, all of my job options went with it. I feel like I'm doing the true actor thing, juggling 6 freelance jobs, never knowing where your cash is going to come from, if you'll make enough. I'm so glad I went to China (despite how my blog may have sounded), but it sure forced me to take a giant leap backwards in the moving forward with my life scenario.
I know things can only get better, but this not having a real job that pays a living wage thing, well, it's difficult, to say the least. I don't know how actors do it.
I've been debating taking the plunge and buying my way into SAG so I can do SAG background work. that seems to be the ONLY area in which I have not seen a significant loss of work. But it's hard getting that non-SAG work, there's no where near as much of it as SAG work. Anyone have any suggestions or advice on this one?
The holidays are fast approaching. I have many of my gifts purchased already, which is great! But some work left to do. I'm excited to see my family again.
And that's about it, for now. I"m depressing myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment