Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Saying Goodbye

We had a going away party scheduled for the evening of our move. We invited everyone in the NYC vicinity, and then just about everyone else too! hehe

We planned to go to our favorite tapas place, Amsterdam Restaurant. so we invited everyone to go there. LUckily, we intended to get there early, and Tamara got there before us- it was CLOSED!

They shut down for 2 weeks to remodel or something and it wasn't mentioned on their website, so we had no idea!

Terry went looking for a new place while I sat in the car and waited for him to find one. When he did, I taped a sign up on the door as to where we were going to be, then we headed two blocks south to our new party place. It was really nice. We were in the back party room, and by about an hour and a half in, we ended up having the entire party space to ourselves, and we needed it.

Lots of our friends showed up! Thank you!

It was so great to see everyone who was able to make it, and I'm sorry for those who couldn't. But we'll see each other again, I'm sure.

We left NYC but our flight to Chicago wasn't until a few days later, so we stayed at my aunts in NJ. While there, we went into NYC and saw several shows, and enjoyed a Thai dinner with Doug and Carter.

Terry took me to see Spamalot (we saw Clay Aikens last performance) on sunday. We didn't really like it, it was quite hard to follow, and i don't think we "got" a lot of the jokes.

Tuesday, we went and saw Shrek, which was AMAZING! But i was really mad because Sutton was out and we saw her understudy. She was pretty good, esp considering it could only have been her second or third time on since the show had only been open about 3 weeks, but she was no Sutton. I just wanted to see Sutton live in something, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Go see Shrek!

We got in late that night, and had about 3 hrs of sleep before making the LONG trek across New York to the JFK airport.

Good bye NYC!




No comments: