Well, I sure wish I'd thought of hitting up a dollar store before going grocery shopping. I know it sounds kinda crazy, but we have a dollarama in the mall just one subway stop (or a few blocks walk) away from us, and seriously, they have almost everything. obviously not fruit and dairy, but they have everything else.
so if any future CMs are reading this, when you get here, go to the dollarama to buy some things. they have bread varieties, soups, pastas (some are wheat!), rice varieties, olive oil, cooking oils, spices, tupperwear, bags/foil/saranwrap/etc, body soaps, a large variety of brand name soaps, hair care supplies, etc. get your cleaning supplies (like sponges, dish soap, extra pans, etc) there as well. "Fully stocked" doesn't necessarily mean "fully stocked" hehe We all have random things, or are missing random things. Like, I dont have any baking sheets or real glasses, only wine glasses. Whereas another apartment has an abundance of glasses of all sizes. One apartment has only one cooking pot, whereas I have the better part of a set. it's pretty random, and really, for the most part, it does cover primarily what a person would need. but obviously, there's not a set inventory of what should be in each apartment, so we all have or lack completely random things. it's pretty funny. hehe but you can get almost anything you are missing at the dollar store.
But groceries here in Toronto are CRAZY expensive. there are two convenience grocery stores, one is truly convenient, just outside our door, but it's the highest price option anywhere.
The primary grocery store called Metro (which is confusing b/c it's next to the subway, which makes me think of MTA, or the DC metro) is pretty small as far as grocery stores go, but it's got a pretty decent variety, things go on sale, but everything is VERY expensive as well. Dairy is out the wazoo, fruits- well, for that price, I'd rather go to Whole foods and pay their price for organic...
I don't need any more food now, but I am going to make a trip at some point to the Whole Foods. I'm excited to get foods that I know what they are and what the brands are.
The neighborhood has a pretty eclectic mix of foods- one or two good indian places, peruvian, lots of thai and korean bbq and sushi, an EGGSPECTATION (yummy restaurant that i didn't know they had outside of Maryland), and so much more. i haven't seen italian, oddly enough. i'm sure it's here, but i haven't seen it. once we start getting paychecks, i'm sure i'll occasionally treat myself to some of the local offerings. especially the thai and indian places! yum!
As a cast, we've had several movie nights, including a "Sister Act 2" sing-a-long in the movie theatre downstairs, and tonight we watched "Toy Story 1 and 2." we're hoping to go see TS3 in 3D tomorrow night!
Today, we blocked a big number in one of the shows. I suddenly found myself as- a dancer! I know I know, don't laugh... hehe I think I'm doing pretty well, considering I have minimal dance experience or training. By the end of the rehearsal, I had the whole thing down, and it's a LONG scene. AND I'm doing somersaults! Every time we ran the song, I had to do a somersault, so I probably did well over a dozen of them today hehe Haven't done those in years!
I love the artistic team, they are so patient and understanding (esp the choreog assisting us, with me and my non-dancer self), and really create a welcoming, creative, friendly, and fun environment.
Despite everything going on at home, I love my job. I'm so happy and grateful to be here and to be doing this.
Right now, I'm being kept awake by a howling dog who sounds like he's in misery, and I want to go give him a hug. I think he's in an apartment above me; it's pretty quiet (compared to that construction, jeez louise!) but he just sounds so sad :( it's been non-stop for almost 45 minutes! poor thing :(
I can't believe I've been here almost a week already. I'm definitely making friends with people all over, but haven't found a niche yet. People seem to be hanging out, though I seem to be a bit of an afterthought sometimes, but I always end up feeling welcomed when I arrive, so you know, thats fine with me.
I'm having fun thus far, and it hasn't even been a week, so I'm not worried :) We seem to be a very friendly group of people and everyone is so talented!
1 comment:
From the Eggspectation webpage:
The Eggspectation concept was founded in 1993 by Jimmy Skindilias and Enzo Renda when they opened their first restaurant in an affluent commercial and residential area of Montreal, Canada. Since then Eggspectation restaurants have become synonymous with innovation, high quality food, excellent service, and a unique and exciting dining experience. With nine restaurants in Ontario and Quebec and two in India it became time in 2002 to cross the border into the U.S.
In 2004 we formed Eggspectation Restaurants, LLC to own, operate and franchise the Eggspectation concept in the U.S. and worldwide, excluding Canada and India.
Post a Comment