Once we got to the airport, my luggage was all there and intact, and a company rep helped us into cabs. I was in a cab by myself, and my driver, well, as nice as he was, he was more interested in talking than driving to our location. We got lost. As in, drove through Chinatown, found ourselves in an itty bitty dead-end parking lot between buildings on a college campus... He also had a thick heavy accent and I couldn't understand what he was asking me to type into the GPS (yes, he had me do it). Then, when I was finally able to understand him, apparently, he'd given me the wrong street name. He pulled out the slip that the rep had given him, held it up so we could both see it, and said, "See? St George?!?!?" I looked at it and said, "Uh, that says St Joseph".
We were on the wrong side of town, completely. We finally got to the residence, probably a good 20 minutes or so later than the other CMs who left the same time as me. hehe oh well.
Then we had group dinner where we all got to meet each other, but it was an early night, because we had to wake up early the next morning for a LONG day ahead. It's only night 2 and I'm not sure I like it very much. But I'm sure I'll get used to it.
The neighborhood is kinda funny. We're a (relatively) short walk to the Times Square-type area. pretty sad compared to the real one in NYC. But still enjoyable! Lots of shopping, but only very expensive grocery stores in town, though there is one that isn't too bad that I went shopping at today for some stuff. And here in Toronto, you PAY for your plastic bags! So always bring your own!
And there's lots of "novelty" shops (if you get my drift) right around here hehe But don't worry, it's safe. I feel safer here than I did living in the Bronx, even in Wash Heights.
My apartment is pretty nice. I'd live here if I needed a place to live. Very beautiful and great amenities, perfect for one person. It's my first time ever living alone.








No comments:
Post a Comment