So let's begin with saturday since friday was spent in a bus, nothing exciting there.
We began by going to see Ricky pitch. Unless he plays in or after college, it's the last baseball game I'll ever see him play, it was very sad. But the bit I saw, he rocked! I have a bit of video of him pitching and batting on youtube as well as more pix on photobucket.

We unfortunately had to leave the game after only a half an hour to get over to the CCFA event.





Heather interned for them this past semester, so she was involved quite a bit. We got there around 320pm, and mom was put right to work. I was supposed to volunteer too, but apparently there was an issue and an entire tent was not allowed to be put up, so I had nowhere to work at the moment. So she and I and Laura went and sat under a tree for a few minutes, until the entertainment started.
So we watched the kangaroo kids for a bit-
But by 415pm, it just stormed and stormed, so considering the actual walk began at 5pm, the event ended up being cancelled.
So I met up with Elissa, and we met up with her husband Jon, and went to- CHINESE! I'd promised that I'd never eat chinese again, but Hunan Manor is different. It was quite good! But I was quite the mess. We got Kung Pao Chicken, General Tsos (which doesn't exist in China), and Chow Fun.

Then sunday was Father's Day. Unfortunately, I was unable to meet up with Grandma and Grandpop (who wasn't feeling well), but luckily I was able to meet up with Grandaddy and Grandma, as well as Aunt Terry who had come into town for the weekend.




Getting home, however, did not end up being as much fun as the rest of the weekend. I was slated to take a 230pm bus. There was also a 220pm and a 240pm bus. By 315pm, there was no bus. All three were late. MIssing. Whatever. Finally, a bus arrived, and he started filling the bus, but he only filled it about 2/3 of the way. I should have been on that bus. For some reason, the bus left. With lots of empty seats!
The next bus didn't show up until after 4pm! And the staff was really confused- they had us separate the lines into Delaware and New York City lines (I guess to make the most of all buses), but we made all regular stops or something, it was weird. After Terry was awesome and picked me up at the bus stop, I finally got home around 9pm, and missed the whole first hour of the Tonys. I had planned to be home at 7pm, not 9 pm. Very upset about that.
--------------------------------
Unrelated, I'm still waiting to hear something- ANYTHING- about our return to China/Asia. We have received no news. I just have a feeling, I don't know, just a feeling. They promised to pay us for next week, since they had promised June 21, but we won't get that pay until about June 27 anyway, so a lot can happen between now and then. Everyone is being very optimistic, but after being delayed an additional 4 weeks, and having this unexpected 5 week lay off in the first place- that's 9 weeks- I somehow really wonder...
But I guess we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment